Other claims


After the beginning of your employment your employer has to provide you a record of your main rights and duties arising from your employment in writing (similar to an employment contract).

Keep this document! It might be important to prove your rights!


The trial period may last no longer than one month. Within this month, the employment relationship of both sides can be ended at any time. If the probationary period ends without termination, your employment relationship continues as an indefinite employment.


For one whole year you are entitled to consume five weeks holiday. If you only work for a couple of months, the amount of holiday is proportionally less. During the holidays you’ll get paid your regular wage, as if you had been working on.

In the first six months of the first year of employment you receive the holiday pro rata (ca. 2 days/month). So if you want to take leave after three months´ of employment, then you are entitled to a 7 days holiday. The holiday you have to agree with your employer. This means that neither the employer may force you to take your holiday leave if you don’t want to, yet you are not allowed to leave without his approval.

If you fall ill or have an accident during your holiday, the sick days do not count as vacation when the illness lasts longer than three days. Report your employer your illness as quickly as possible. At the latest after three days you have to inform and submit a medical certificate.

Unfortunately, in seasonal work the holiday is often not or only partially consumed. In this case, the holiday must be paid at the end of the employment.


Even if you cannot go to work because you are ill or had an accident, your employer must continue to pay your wages, as if you had worked. This includes overtime! If f.e. your colleagues at work had to work overtime during your hospitalization.

Report your sickness as quickly as possible!

Caution: If you’re sick or had an accident report this as soon as possible! Furthermore, after your return to work you have to submit your employer (if he/she asks for it), a medical certificate from a doctor stating the beginning and duration of your illness. If you are unable to provide a certificate, it could lead to wage losses. Sickness notification as quickly as possible!


Rooms for living or for a temporary overnight stay have to be provided with the according equipment (bed, box, facility for preparing or warming food etc.).

Drinking water, washing facilities with clean water and toilets have to be supplied as well.

The apartments or boxes must be lockable. Costs for the lighting and heating have to be paid by the employer.

The employer has to ensure that in each accommodation first-aid kits/materials are provided for treatment of injuries or sudden illnesses.

In addition, the apartment should be in compliance with requirements of health and morality and meet building regulations. In basements or sheds no apartments can be built.

Men and women must be housed separately (except married couples).


The employer is obliged to behave towards you in conformity with the law and good manners. He also has to take the necessary precautions to protect your life, health and morality.

For your personal protection your employer must provide free of charge the necessary and proper protective equipment.

If you are pregnant , you may in no way be engaged in physically demanding work . You may not work with hazardous materials or working tools which could be harmful to you or your unborn child. As a pregnant woman you also must not be exposed to a special risk of accident. In the last eight weeks before the expected date of birth is an absolute prohibition of employment. You may not work at this time. Expectant and nursing mothers have the right to lay down and take a rest under appropriate conditions.